The Community Streetcar Coalition supports the advancement of streetcars as part of the expansion of mobility options, building livable communities and the growth and empowerment of its members.
Advancement of the Mission
The Coalition does so through engaging in local and federal advocacy, sharing information, providing technical support through peer exchanges in the United States and Canada, and promoting the value of streetcars.
Who we are
The Coalition is comprised of more than seventy local governments, transit agencies, architectural and engineering firms, rail car manufacturers, advocacy groups, community coalitions and other private sector firms.
Join the Community Streetcar Coalition Today!
As a member of the CSC, you will receive regular electronic newsletters, free virtual summits, and reduced in-person summit registration fees. The CSC also communicates with members through its website, Facebook, and through Twitter.
For more information, or to register as a member, please visit our Community Streetcar Coalition Membership page.
- Omaha Streetcar Authority selects HDR to deliver final design for streetcar projectThe Omaha Streetcar Authority has selected HDR to deliver the final design for Omaha’s 3.2-mile streetcar project, connecting downtown Omaha to the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
- TTC returns 504A King streetcar serviceThe Toronto Transit Commission’s (TTC) 504A King streetcar between Dundas West Station and Dufferin Street resumed service May 7. From January 2021 until May 2023, buses replaced the 504 King between Dundas West Station and Dufferin Street, including the intersection at King Street West and Roncesvalles Avenue, to accommodate major city works on water mains…
- City of El Paso to discuss “operating schedule” for streetcarThe El Paso City Council could be making a big change to the streetcar schedule. An item was placed on the council’s agenda to: “direct the City manager to adjust the operating schedule of the streetcar to be event-driven for optimal use.”
- 2023 Streetcar Summit in Oklahoma City – ArchiveHeld at the Omni Oklahoma City Hotel, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, April 2-4, 2023. Photos, presentation materials, summit book, and more…
- Brookville delivers first of three new Liberty NXT Streetcars to Portland StreetcarBrookville Equipment Corporation (BROOKVILLE) delivered the first of three new Liberty® NXT Streetcars to Portland Streetcar, expanding the Portland Streetcar fleet and allow for more frequent and reliable service. The 66-foot-long vehicles are part of a $13.6 million contract for the design and build of the three streetcars for the Portland Streetcar transit system as…