The Community Streetcar Coalition supports the advancement of streetcars as part of the expansion of mobility options, building livable communities and the growth and empowerment of its members.
Advancement of the Mission
The Coalition does so through engaging in local and federal advocacy, sharing information, providing technical support through peer exchanges in the United States and Canada, and promoting the value of streetcars.
Who we are
The Coalition is comprised of more than seventy local governments, transit agencies, architectural and engineering firms, rail car manufacturers, advocacy groups, community coalitions and other private sector firms.
Join the Community Streetcar Coalition Today!
As a member of the CSC, you will receive regular electronic newsletters, free virtual summits, and reduced in-person summit registration fees. The CSC also communicates with members through its website, Facebook, and through Twitter.
For more information, or to register as a member, please visit our Community Streetcar Coalition Membership page.
September Virtual Summit
Getting to Construction – September 13, 2023, 1:00 PM Central
The Community Streetcar Coalition is hosting a virtual summit focused on the difficult items between design and construction. For more information and for a registration link, please see the Events & Meetings page.
- KC Streetcar resumes services Friday after heat leads to weeks of emergency repairsThe Kansas City Streetcar resumed operations Friday morning after a rail buckled in the heat on the Fourth of July. Service on the free rail line was abruptly suspend after a rail on the Main Street Bridge over Interstate 670 failed on Independence Day. This shut down the existing line, which runs 2.2 miles from … Read more
- Mass Bay RRE Third Thursday – ‘Frank Sprague: Father of Electric Traction’ (Video)Tom Laurenson of the Shore Line Trolley Museum in East Haven, CT brings us the story of Frank Sprague. He invented the modern trolley, developed the system of multiple control for trains, and played a major part of the development of NYC’s Grand Central Terminal. His contributions were especially important in promoting urban development…
- TTC returns 504A King streetcar serviceStreetcar service on an east Toronto TTC route will return ahead of schedule next week after a period of maintenance. As of Monday, the 506 Carlton streetcar will run along Gerrard St. E. and Coxwell Ave. again after it was placed out of commission for track replacement in June. The return comes three weeks ahead … Read more
- MARTA awards final design contract for Atlanta Streetcar extensionThe MARTA board of directors unanimously voted July 13 to approve an $11.5 million contract for final design of the Atlanta Streetcar extension from Downtown to the Atlanta BeltLine Eastside Trail and up to Ponce City Market. HDR Inc., a global engineering and architecture firm based in Nebraska, was awarded the contract after receiving committee … Read more
- The Hop streetcar expands service for busy Milwaukee festival weekendThe Hop Milwaukee Streetcar has announced expanded service and extended hours to accommodate guests attending this weekend’s Bastille Days Festival in Cathedral Square Park and the Harley-Davidson Homecoming Festival at Veterans Park.